Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bakso

My husband was so lovely. He cooked Bakso (typical Indonesian soup with round meat and noodle). My question was, "What meat is it?" Ohhh ... a little bit tiring since no guaranty here :)
From the mince meat, he made a roll with his big hand and put some sup from the Goose meat and Indonesian instant noodle in. Hmmm yammy.
In my country I can eat everywhere in 'warung' with only Rp 3.500 or 0.30 Euro. Oh oh ... Bakso Marem in front of the Mosque, Bakso behind Matahari next to Pak Kawit or the Bakso Pak Kumis in Matahari department store. Lekker!
So, I'm lucky he likes to cook for me as his kindness which will not be happened manytimes to Indonesian couple in my country. Wife must cook! She has to be the friend of the kitchen. That's our tradition or centuries. No matter how high your education is, how beautiful you are, how independent you are, how sexy you are ... in our community we call women should be with 3 M; Manak (have kids), Macak (dress up), masak (cook)! Hey, it's no big deal ... I'm in pleasure to do that.

Bakso adalah makanan kesukaan saya dan sebagian besar orang Indonesia. Itulah sebabnya, suami saya senang membuatnya di rumah untuk saya. Saya biasa menganjurkannya memakai daging giling sapi, dicampur kanji dan air es. Daging harus halus sekali. Bumbunya bawang merah, bawang putih, merica dan garam.

No comments: